Det ser ut som USA/Nato trupper genomfört en ren avrättningen av vad som var oskyldiga skolbarn i jakten på lokala Talibaner i Afghanistan. 10 personer ska ha dödats i en raid som ‘militärkällor’ säger ska ha varit en Afghansk terrorist cell.
Frågan är om det var specialstyrkor eller reguljära trupper och om det var enbart amerikanska eller blandat USA/NATO soldater.
Om det stämmer som den Afghanska presidentens webbplats rapporterar var det frågan om en ren krigsförbrytelse utfört av västtrupper som påminner mycket om liknande händelser i Irak där specialstyrkor genomförde ett smutsigt krig mot misstänkta AQ celler.
"The delegation concluded that a unit of international forces descended from a plane Sunday night into Ghazi Khan village in Narang district of the eastern province of Kunar and took ten people from three homes, eight of them school students in grades six, nine and ten, one of them a guest, the rest from the same family, and shot them dead," a statement on President Karzai’s website said.
Som Brittiska Times online skriver i en intervju med rektorn för skolan handlade det om skolbarn från 11 till 17 år.
In a telephone interview last night, the headmaster said that the victims were asleep in three rooms when the troops arrived. “Seven students were in one room,” said Rahman Jan Ehsas. “A student and one guest were in another room, a guest room, and a farmer was asleep with his wife in a third building.
“First the foreign troops entered the guest room and shot two of them. Then they entered another room and handcuffed the seven students. Then they killed them. Abdul Khaliq [the farmer] heard shooting and came outside. When they saw him they shot him as well. He was outside. That’s why his wife wasn’t killed.”
A local elder, Jan Mohammed, said that three boys were killed in one room and five were handcuffed before they were shot. “I saw their school books covered in blood,” he said.
The investigation found that eight of the victims were aged from 11 to 17. The guest was a shepherd boy, 12, called Samar Gul, the headmaster said.
Notera också att de främmande trupperna ska ha samlat ihop, satt handbojor på och sedan dödat de personer de fann.
American-led troops were accused yesterday of dragging innocent children from their beds and shooting them during a night raid that left ten people dead.
Afghan government investigators said that eight schoolchildren were killed, all but one of them from the same family. Locals said that some victims were handcuffed before being killed.
Western military sources said that the dead were all part of an Afghan terrorist cell responsible for manufacturing improvised explosive devices (IEDs), which have claimed the lives of countless soldiers and civilians.
“This was a joint operation that was conducted against an IED cell that Afghan and US officials had been developing information against for some time,” said a senior Nato insider. But he admitted that “the facts about what actually went down are in dispute”.